With ham, cod, stew or a veggie version like the one we show you below, ‘croquetas’ are one of the delights of Spanish cuisine, and it’s rare to find someone who doesn’t like them. However, our beloved croquettes are not always the healthiest food to incorporate into our diet. Therefore, today we bring you our recipe for baked chickpea flour croquettes: a rich and healthy option that, once you learn to prepare, will become one of your favorites.
Rich in fiber, a source of plant-based proteins, slow-release carbohydrates, magnesium, potassium and vitamins, among many other benefits, chickpea flour will transform your recipes, gaining in flavor and health. Who could resist? Learn how to make them step by step below.
Chickpea Flour Croquettes: A baked delight
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Baking time: 15-20 minutes.
· 2 carrots.
· 1 zucchini.
· 1 tablespoon of Olettie Beauty Boost blend.
· ½ onion.
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
· 5 tablespoons of chickpea flour.
· 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
· To taste: pepper and unrefined salt.
1. Grate the zucchini, the carrot and chop the onion in small pieces.
2. Stir fry the vegetables in a wok with oil.
3. Once they’re done, add the chopped parsley and, progressively, the chickpea flour (add a tablespoon and stir, add another and stir again, and so on). If necessary, add a little water.
4. Add the Olettie Beauty Boost blend, rectify with salt and pepper.
5. Let it rest so that the dough cools down a little.
6. Shape the balls, fry them or place them on an oven tray covered with baking paper and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180-200 ° C. After 10 minutes turn them over to get a uniform color.