How to sweeten your recipes without adding refined sugars? Dates are the candies of nature, they are a gift of healthy and guilt-free sweetness. Therefore, here we tell you how to make a homemade date syrup that you can use to sweeten any other healthy recipe that you want to make.
Sometimes giving ourselves a healthy sweet treat can be difficult, especially if we are acquiring new healthy habits. And the fact is that most of us have grown knowing the taste of refined sugar and finding a sweet spot that is pleasing to the palate, after that ‘overdose’ of flavor over the years, can take a while.
However, a little dedication and patience is all you need to internalize these habits, and we’re sure that with our homemade syrup it will be easier for you. Almost as much as the preparation of this recipe that will allow you to remain sweet without losing health.
Our recipe for homemade date syrup:
Preparation time: 40 minutes
· 200 g dates.
· 300 ml of water.
· A splash of lemon juice (optional).
1. Take the seeds out of the dates and cut them.
2. Put them in a container and cover them with the very hot water.
3. Let stand about 20 minutes to soften.
4. Strain and reserve the water.
5. Take the dates to a mixer or similar, add about 100 ml of water, the lemon juice (if desired) and whisk until you have a homogeneous mass.
6. If necessary, you can add a little more water until you get a smooth cream with the desired consistency.
To obtain a pasta syrup you can continue adding water and whisking very well so that it is incorporated. Can be used immediately or stored in clean jars with tight lids. You can store them for up to a couple of weeks in the fridge and use it without any problem.