Pesto sauce is one of our favorites to eat with almost anything, from grilled vegetables to fish, and even for meat. That’s why we decided to broaden our horizons and experiment with other ingredients, apart from basil, to find equal or tastier pestos that add variety to our favourite sauce. You dare? Read on and discover how our detox pesto sauce can help you feel better than ever while you lick your fingers.
Detox pesto sauce: Your new favorite recipe
Servings: Can be used up to 4 or 5 days later.
Preparation time: 10 -15 minutes.
· 115 g of kale or spinach or basil.
· 1/4 cup of walnuts (30 g) or pine nuts.
· 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or beer (4 tablespoons).
· 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons).
· 1 teaspoon of Detox Olettie.
· 1–2 tablespoons of water.
· 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
· 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
· 2 cloves of garlic.
1. Cook the kale or spinach steamed or in water for about 5 minutes, drain.
2. Put all the ingredients in a blender or in a food processor and whisk until well integrated. The amount of oil can vary depending on how thick we want the pesto. We recommend to add a little water so it doesn’t have as much fat, but it is richer if only oil is used and it also lasts longer.
3. You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Tasty and healthy, this recipe for pesto detox is a must for the Olettie team. Dare to try it and tell us your experience and results on our social networks. We are looking forward to hearing your opinion.