Traditional dish from practically every single country in the Middle East, hummus is the epitome of healthy snacks. Mainly composed of chickpea paste, this dish is rich in essential minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc and multiple vitamins. In other words, a whole health and energy pump that also provides fiber to our diet.
Perfect for snacks between meals or to accompany our recipes, chickpea hummus is the best-known variant. However, you can also find lentil, beet, or even avocado hummus. The amount of health benefits this recipe has is amazing: hummus has antidepressant effects, helps make good digestions, keeps your bones strong, helps you generate a high level of energy, strengthens your muscles, and helps prevent cancer. Also, being rich in folic acid, it will even help you have a healthy pregnancy. Do you want to know more about its benefits? Click here.
Chickpea hummus: Love at first bite
Servings: 15 – 20
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
· 200 gr. cooked chickpeas.
· 30 gr. pure cocoa.
· 1 tablespoon of our Energy blend.
· 1 ripe banana or 4 dates (you can adjust the amount to the sweetness you want to get).
· Extra virgin olive oil.
· 15 g of tahini or sesame (optional).
· Optional: a drizzle of your favourite vegetable drink.
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and crush everything until we get a pate with a homogeneous texture.
2. If the consistency seems too dense, add a little vegetable milk or water and mix well again. If you notice too much the chickpea flavor, add a little more pure cocoa or Energy blend. If you want to sweeten a little more, add more banana / dates.
3. Keep in a jar up to 1 week in the fridge without any problem.