One of the favorite desserts is red beans brownie, not only for the chocolate, which is obvious, but for that moisty texture that we love and makes us feel sinful, although we are not, thanks to healthy and energy-filled recipes such as the one with red bean brownies.
How to make the perfect red beans brownie
Servings: 15 – 20
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Baking time: 40 – 60 minutes.
· 400g or a large pot of cooked red beans.
· 2-3 eggs or vegan egg substitute (you have it in our downloadable).
· Ripe bananas, 2 small or 1 large.
· 3 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder with no added sugar.
· 1 tablespoon of our Olettie Energy blend.
· ½ – 1/3 glass of Monk Fruit, stevia or other natural sweetener of your choice.
· 1 teaspoon of baking soda or baking powder.
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
· Fruits to decorate such as: raspberries, pomegranate, plums, cherries, pieces of banana, etc.
· Pure chocolate (the higher the percentage of cocoa you have, the better).
· ¼ glass of vegetable milk.
· 1 tablespoon of pure cocoa powder without added sugars with 1 tablespoon of our Blend Olettie Energy.
· A little bit of natural sweetener. You can use our recipe for homemade date syrup.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Rinse the beans and pour them into a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, oil, chopped banana, cocoa, our Olettie Energy blend, bicarbonate and natural sweetener.
4. Whisk everything together until you get a completely homogeneous mixture.
5. Put it in the mold and -if you prefer so- add the fresh fruit on top.
6. Bake for about 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the bowl.
7. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down (after a couple of hours in the fridge it tastes better).
8. When it is very cold we can add the sauce.
Dissolve the chocolate and mix it well with milk, cocoa, our Olettie Energy blend and the chosen sweetener.